This Courgette & Tomato Basil Soup makes a delicious soup perfect for colder evenings. It’s is really lovely at this time of the year when trying to capture the last of Summer’s flavours.
If you want to freeze it, just leave the basil out. Simply add it when reheating the soup.
Enjoy it with crusty bread or croutons!
Courgette & Tomato Basil Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 500 g courgettes
- 500 g tomatoes
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves -crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Litre vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- large bunch of fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, coriander and garlic until soft.
- Add the roughly chopped vegetables, vegetable stock, tomato purée and flour. Stir together and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add the roughly chopped basil and liquidise again.
- Season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!